Sunday, February 1, 2009

Waiting out winter

Sarah's Thoughts: My dear friend Lela passed on the "5 Things" challenge to me, so I am forgoing my normal blurb to bring you this special edition of Mostly Owen.  The idea is to write 5 things about yourself for each category... so here goes!

10 years ago: 1-Moving home from North Dakota  2-Watching my baby brother graduate high school  3-Preparing to be a school teacher  4- Wearing shades on account of my future being so bright  5- Dreaming of falling in love 

Past Jobs :  1- Lifeguard  2- Waitress  3- Graphic Artist  4- Wilderness Guide  5- Peach Harvester

Today's "To Do" list: 1- Figure out how to extract Owen from his poop-filled PJs  2- Hangout in the nursery during church  3- Work on the confounded website that has been the bane of my existence for the past several months  4-  Attend a dinner party at the Hooleys  5- Take Dolly for a walk

Favorite Snacks: 1- apples & cheese  2- popcorn  3- juice + 7up  4- dried cherries + almonds  5- hot chocolate

Places I've lived: 1-  Juneau. AK (obviously) 2- Grand Forks, ND   3- Tacoma, WA  4- Sydney, Australia  5- Auckland, NZ

If I had One Million dollars I'd...: 1-Own our house and another one in a tropical location   2- retire  3- learn how to do all kinds of artsy things like stain glass and pottery  4- Move onto a boat and sail to my tropical home and then around the world for a few years  5- Figure out how to cleverly make more money to support my expensive lifestyle because I'm obviously going to need more then a lousy million!

Luke Update:  As many of you know, Luke has a charter fly fishing business in the summers. Every year, he has 1 or 2 clients who want to tie their own flies in preparation for their Alaska fly fishing adventure, so every year, Luke has the tedious task of sending step-by-step instructions to these lovely clients.  Forever striving for increased efficiency and ways to put our sweet digital video camera to use, this week Luke had the brilliant idea of making a  "How to Tie the 'Sea Runner Special' " video.   When its finished, Luke will post this handy, informative, and aesthetically pleasing video to the Sea Runner website.  Very soon, even you can learn the secret of catching the coveted, ever elusive humpy salmon and the next time Luke gets the dreaded email requesting instructions on how to tie flies, he can copy and paste the web address of the video and move on.  Hallelujah!

Owen Update:  Every day, I look at my boy and he seems more grown up.  He's communicating more, has increased control of his body, and this week I caught him playing with toys like a big kid.  Last Friday, he was carrying these Fisher Price plastic turtles all over the house, pretending like they were talking to each other and climbing up the wall...  I think it was so remarkable because it was completely unprompted and original.  It's going to be fun to see that imagination take off!  Today Luke and I did the nursery during church and we caught Owen fighting with a couple other boys over who got to push the dolly in the stroller.  Interesting note: all the boys involved were from homes with no sisters, thus no dolls around...  Also, I've noticed a few new words:  occasionally, he says  "Anem" at the end of prayers and he's working on "See ya!" but at this point, its mostly just "See!"

Still winter... although we've been noticing more daylight!  
That's something!


Ready for school!  Only  3 1/2 years to go!

 
Pretending with turtles


Naked time with tractor
(it's been too long since the last naked picture, don't you think?)


Helping Daddy talk on the phone

1 comment:

Rachel said...

ok, seriously with all the naked time, aren't there potty puddles to clean up? If I take an extra minute to clean up the bathroom after a bath before putting Isaac's diaper on, there will surely be a puddle.