Sunday, February 15, 2009

Sunny Days Sweeping Those Clouds Away...

Sarah's Thoughts: I'm trying not to get too excited about summer with the recent sunny weather... but the fact of the matter is that the days are getting longer.  What is it about sunshine that instantly changes our attitudes and perspective?   Twenty consecutive dark and dreary days become a foggy memory after just one day of sun and I start planning my activities expecting every day to be blue skies. Is it hope springing into action or maybe the eternal optimist in us?  Do people who constantly live in the sun experience this phenomenon? We Woodruffs celebrated by heading to the beach for our Dolly walks on Friday and Saturday.  Not only did the beach provide a shade-free environment to fully experience the glory of the day, but also a snow-free walking surface, thanks to the cleansing high tide.  Sunday was a little overcast and its suppose to rain this week, but I was thankful for the boost of vitamin D. 

High- The little things- tulips from my valentine, phone call with my grandma, unexpected dinner date with our neighbors, finishing work on the never-ending website project, Owen's excited squeals as he tore through the couch cushion tunnel in the living room... 

Low- Dolly joined in the poop explosion action this week.  My favorite was the one I discovered and cleaned up at 5:05 am on my way to a work-out class.

Luke Update: Luke has been plugging away at the Legislature, with his sites set on summer. We were looking at a calendar the other day and realized that before long, the session will be over. Already, Luke has plans of cabin camp-outs, hunting trips and a busy fishing season.  He's casting lead bullets like there's no tomorrow and hopes to shoot a black bear with one of them this spring.  He's also been tying flies, ordering new rods, getting all of his Forest Service, Coast Guard, State, and now TSA ducks in a row for this year's fishing season.  Summer will be here before you can say "Jack Robinson" and by golly, Luke will be ready!


Owen Update:  Each day, we are seeing more of Owen's little personality-  it really is incredible to watch. Yesterday, after reading "Where the Wild Things Are" over and over at his requests, Owen was babbling and all of a sudden, I heard him say, " 'No!' Max said!"  Puzzled, I opened the book and read "The Wild Things said, 'Oh, Please don't go!  We'll eat you up, we love you so.' But Max said, 'No!' "  I was blown away!  I think it helps that "No" seems to be Owen's favorite word these days, but still!  That makes me wonder what other little phrases are hidden within all that babble.  

In other news, the poop report was negative... negative for giardia and solmanilla and all kinds of other lovely things...  I'm thankful that he doesn't have a nasty little bug, but at the same time, wish we had something to pin the excessive poop on...   He's had a little cold this week which translates into lots of crusty nose picking for mama.  But besides that, we've been enjoying our busy, crazy, precious boy.


Sleeping in his car seat.  
Notice the goldfish carnage all over his shirt.
Poor guy was just too tired to eat another bite!


Super Dolly!
Playing in the sand at Eagle Beach.

 
Owen really loves the dishwasher.  
He managed to wrestle the bottom rack
out of the dishwasher and pushed it 
all around the living room.  So fun!


Reading on the couch with Daddy.
He got pretty excited about violently throwing his head back, 
which is why his hair is sticking up...


Our Saturday walk out at Eagle Beach.  
(the rainsuit was protection from the muddy ground) 

2 comments:

Rachel said...

Isaac loves to wrestle the dishwasher rack too.
Your sunny walks look and sound so great. I'm looking forward to summer days myself and so is Carly. She keeps asking, "When is it going to be summer." She was bummed when I explained it was after spring. She's ready for it now.

Lela Paden said...

Love the wild hair. Owen is such a handsome little boy. I am sure like all boys he is super active and keeps you so busy. I am also looking forward to spring/summer trips to the beach. I told David the other day I wanted to build a huge bon fire again this year. Are you up to the adventure? anyway I really enjoy reading your blog. Keep up the good work. God Bless Lela