Sunday, February 22, 2009

Gotta Have Faith-a-Faith-a-Faith

Sarah Thoughts:  This week, I found myself in a pickle with a fast-approaching deadline.  I knew that God had a plan and it would all work out, but as the deadline came at me like a freight-train, I was an emotional wreck, in serious panic mode.  In the end, it all worked out because God had a plan, but after the crisis was averted, it took me about 30 minutes for my heart-rate to return to normal.  Sometimes it feels like life with God at the steering wheel means constant stressful, emotional situations and I really don't enjoy feeling that way.   I avoid sports movies and movies about social injustice because I know they'll make me cry.  However, since God is all-powerful, all-knowing, and everywhere, I'd be stupid not to let Him be in control, so what's a girl to do?  I guess next time I need to take several deep, cleansing breaths, remember that He's the God of the universe and He will not let me fall and then hum a few bars from good old George Michael. 

Low- Wednesday morning, when I was SURE it was Friday...  

High- My sweet neighbor, Amy.  The answer to my desperate prayers!

Luke Update: For Luke, the legislative session is a time to make a little bling, get caught-up on post-season accounting and get ready for the upcoming summer.  We figured out that this will be Luke's 12th year guiding fly fishermen!  This week's big accomplishment was submitting all of the Coast Guard paperwork to renew Luke's captain license for the next 5 years.  It can take a few months to process so that was a big chore to mark off the list.  Next, taxes...  Ugh. On a more positive note, Juneau is making serious strides towards spring.  March is just a week away, we've had beautiful weather with the same in the forecast.  Towards the end of the week last week, it was still light after work so we took Dolly for evening walks.  Hopefully the same will hold true this coming week because the days just keep getting longer!  Bring it on!
 
Owen Update: I'm amazed at my little sponge these days and how quickly he incorporates new routines into his life.  He's a big fan of routines, as I think most kids are.  Owen's bedtime routine consists of: picking-up the room, changing diapers, putting on jammies, brushing teeth, reading 4 stories, saying prayers, giving kisses, and hopping in bed.  One night, as we finished reading stories, Owen's cuddle sleeve wasn't in his room with us. I asked, "Owen, where's your cuddle sleeve?  Let's go find it..." As we walked into the living room, I tapped my finger on my pursed lips saying, "Where is it?  Hmmmm...." Now, every night, as soon as stories are finished, Owen says, "Hmmmm.... Whisit?  Hmmmm..." and taps his finger on his lips.  Pretty cute.  Not so cute is his undying love for kitchen utensils.  I find those things all over the house!  After picking up a wooden spoon in the entry way, a spatula on the couch, a ladle in the laundry room and a serving spoon in the hall, I almost cried to see a pair of tongs in our closet.  



While having a snack in the living room, 
Owen figured out a new use for his stool. 


Haircut.  He seems to like them less and less...
Do we have a hippy on our hands???


Owen figured out how to make noise with the harmonica this week-
Very proud of himself (if you can't tell!)


walking through the couch-tunnel with fisherman gloves


homemade bullets


playing "peak" in the bathtub

1 comment:

Rachel said...

Oh, Sarah. I'm guessing that our family's sickness situation was the cause of your stress this week. I wish I could have averted that myself. I'm sorry we put you in a bind, but I'm glad it worked out. God is faithful and good. Hopefully it was a short moment (or maybe two) of stress.
Please feel free to call on us in the future.