Sunday, February 8, 2009

Nothing in Particular

Sarah's Thoughts-  Our friends, the Padens, had baby #6 this week.  That's not only a lot of kids, but especially significant for me because #5 is just 10 days older then Owen (i.e. I could have another baby by now).  It seems like there's this unwritten law that when encountering the mother of a child in the 1 1/2 to  3 year-old range, you have to ask when the next one is coming. I've been getting this question a lot lately.  Luke and I have talked about it, we do want more kids, and I was even thinking maybe sometime soon-ish... However, after holding the tiny little Paden baby, I can honestly say I'm not ready.  He was so very sweet and precious but I have a precious Owen who loves his mama.  I don't want him to have to give-up being the baby.  I know this is a little selfish of me- my brother and sister are my two favorite people in the world and I want Owen to have that... but at the same time, we can wait a little bit.  While I was holding baby Orion, Owen was very excited and interested in him.  I know he'll be an excellent big brother someday... just not today.

High: The solid turd in Owen's diaper this evening.  Luke shook it right out of the diaper and into the toilet!  Oh Baby!

Low:  Tonight at Costco when I proudly presented the cashier with my coupons (I never have it together enough to use coupons) and he said, "Uh, these aren't good until tomorrow...  do you need to put some things back?"  Stink!

Luke Update-  Luke has been working hard to party hard.  He's already booked 5-6 trips for this summer, not to mention the 3 or 4 in the hopper.  He's been working his legislative job, but had a surprise day off on Friday.  Yipee!  He's also been hard at work on his lead bullet casting project.  Today I learned about how important it is to have the exactly right sized bullet, down to the 1000th of an inch.  There is a special picture on today's blog post just for Steve, Luke's dad which is evidence of that fact.  Luke is also talking about some upcoming carpentry projects for around the house... mostly new shelving and hooks, but I'm excited!

Owen Update-  Owen's word of the week is stool.  He use to love the vacuum cleaner and before that it was driving the car but now its anything that gives him a little more height.  We have this small stool in the kitchen that I use to reach the spices above the stove.  These days, it might as well have "Property of Owen" written on it. Luke and I are amazed at how mobile he is with that thing.  He pushes it up to various locations below the counter, depending on whether he feels like getting into the silverware drawer, or pressing some buttons on the microwave, or maybe just splashing in the sink a little bit.  He's fallen off of it 4 or 5 times, but it doesn't seem to phase him.  He's also become quite good at opening the dishwasher.  He stands on his tiptoes, pushes in the button and opens the door.  Nothing is safe. Oh, and speaking of stool, I'm taking some of Owen's stool to the lab at the hospital tomorrow so they can hopefully provide insight into his poop/lactose issues.  I'll keep you posted (I'm sure you can't wait)!


Hard at work "organizing" the silverware drawer.


I'm ON the PHONE!


All of a sudden, he was hanging out in the 
laundry basket with his slinky...


Apparently, I put too much jelly in his PB&J


What a nice group!  Homemade bullets, folks!

1 comment:

Casey said...

Hey there! I totally understand the we want a baby BUT NOT RIGHT NOW! As much as I love Caden and wouldn't give him up, the entire time I was pregnant I was nervous about it... I mean now I would have to share my lap and time with Ellie and I wasn't quite ready for that. Honestly, I don't think I would have been ready to give part of my time up... then again its pretty easy- he sleeps a lot of the time which leaves plenty of time for the 2 of us. I know its hard to imagine splitting your time, but its not that bad... so when you all do decide now is the day it will be a lot of fun. :) Caden LOVES Ellie & Ellie LOVES him- its so cute to watch the 2 of them play together or try to play.