Sunday, August 23, 2009

This and that

Sarah’s Thoughts: I’m not sure what happened this week. Its all sort of a blur. Work was draining and the rain hasn’t stopped. It rained so hard last weekend that all the lakes and streams flooded onto the roads. I didn’t take one picture this week, so I’ve compiled a few oldies and a couple recent photos taken by Owen’s various daycare providers this summer. I’m looking forward to a trip at the end of September and pressing onto the holidays... besides that, I’m feeling blah. Rain, rain, go away.


Low- burrr!


High- Looking forward to a last-minute visit from my parents this week!


Luke Update: Luke is starting his last big push of fishing trips. Today he completed the first of 6 days in a row. He has just 2 trips booked for next week and then is officially finished for the 2009 season! Yipee! Today’s fish report was seriously thinning numbers of salmon at his go-to creek, so hopefully, the weather will cooperate and he’ll be able to reach some other streams for the remainder of his trips. Here’s a little trivia: Before Luke started his business, he worked for another outfit for 6 years doing similar trips via float plane. This is his 6th season operating Sea Runner Guide Service... Also, if he’s able to complete the remainder of his trips, that will make 60 for this season, which is an all-time record. I just realized that’s a lot of 6’s... Hmmmm...


Owen Update: This weekend, Owen has expanded his palate, experiencing 2 new beverages. The first was hot chocolate. Two thumbs up. I’m sure most of you are thinking, “duh,” but our boy is not a big lover of sweets. He’d much rather have an apple then a cookie. Weird, I know. Today after nap time, I made Owen some hot chocolate in the special walrus mug that I use to drink hot chocolate out of when I was a little girl and he slurped it down, wanting more! Maybe it was just the mug? The second beverage, got two thumbs down which is probably a good thing... At a wedding this weekend, we took Owen with us to the beverage station to pick out our special drinks (beer). For some reason, he NEEDED my beer. Big, fat tears, red face, dolphin kicking, crying and crying for a good 5 minutes. People around us were pretending not to notice, the whole scene was a bit embarasing... I tried to offer him pop corn, punch, a dinosaur, but nothing was working. Finally, I thought, “Fine. I’m just going to give him a sip and he’ll realize he doesn’t want it.” Sure enough, one little taste and he decided that the punch wasn’t so bad. Silly boy!



loving the hose

Owen at the beach with his day care buddies + some others friends
(Owen is right in the middle with the red jacket.
His little blonde twin next to him is, Zander- the one he bit.)

all zipped up with mama

Owen, Bailey, and the Greats (Yia Yia and Grandma)

checking out daddy

baby owen at the boy scout camp beach

2 comments:

Lela Paden said...

Wow!! Those pictures were great. I don't believe that he was ever that small. He has grown into such a fine young boy. He is super blessed to have two parents who love him so very much. Also congrats on the house. I'll help paint if you want. :-)

Unknown said...

Ok- So I didn't have time to read any of your comments but wanted to see your pictures- since you always have a few on there. And I see this little baby with *Daddy* and I thought, "WHAT!!! You had another baby, and we didn't know about it.* Then I realized it was Owen and you didn't have another... hahaha Guess that is what I get for looking at the pictures first.
Hope you all doing good. Hope to come up there and see you in a year or two years :) Trying to plan it when Dusty and Jordan go out there as well.