Sunday, January 4, 2009

Post Holiday Clean-Up

Sarah's Thoughts:  Since returning from vacation and heading straight back to work, life has been on fast forward.  I haven't been able to keep up with the mounting clutter, let alone take care of the pre-Christmas projects that I left hanging.  I was quite anxious, however today I managed to unpack from our trip and put the christmas decorations away so I feel much better.  Hopefully sometime this week I can get to the post office for stamps and finish sending out Christmas cards... so so late, but what are you going to do?  Looking at 2009 from the beginning inspires planning... makes me want to be organized and balanced.  I need paper for making lists and a calendar to mark up.  I need to spend some time plotting my step-by-step plan to greatness.  Look out, 2009!

High- Riding in a limo to a our always fabulous Dr. Schultz staff party.

Low- Coming home to find that Chachi (my brother's dog, staying with us while Christian is in Peru) freaked out while we were gone and gouged deep claw marks in our door.  Bummer.

Luke Update:  Luke has also been in clean up mode, fixing up the garage so that we can more comfortably fit our 2 cars in it.  We've had quite a bit of snow in the last few days, so he's been on shovel duty.  Thankfully the snow is quite whispy and dry. Luke cleaned-up on the bullet casting gadgets for Christmas presents and was so excited to dive in upon returning home. Unfortunately, one of our bags didn't make it.  It arrived the next day, but someone with sticky fingers got to it first and stole all of Luke's christmas presents.  How rotten!  We're filing a claim with Alaska Airlines, but its all moving quite slowly.  In the meantime he's firing up the table saw and heading to the lumber yard to start on some shelves and other wooden projects for our house (I did get a jewelry box for christmas by the way).  Luke has finished his Mr. Mom duties and is headed to work at the legislature this week.  He's excited about the change of pace and all the time he'll have for on-line research (Hawaii anyone?).    

Owen Update:  Owen had been doing a lot of catch up sleeping this week.  He's still not entirely recovered from our long, late night flight home from Georgia.  He's been rediscovering his toys and all of his favorite drawers in the kitchen.  In the past week, he's been very into the telephone.  He holds it between his shoulder and neck and  says "ello?" and then passes it to me.  He got a hold of Luke's cell phone tonight and was sending out text messages.  He's also started yelling "Weeee!" and running around with his arms up in the air.  Since Luke is headed back to work this week, Owen is going to start a new day care.  I'm a little bit anxious about the whole thing, but I'm sure Owen will be just fine.  His first day is Tuesday so say a little prayer for both of us!


Very excited about the ear muffs!


Resting.


Coloring.  What a big boy! 
(except he started eating the crayons 
right after I snapped this picture)


Fully bundled for our -7 degree walk. 
Burrrrrr!


So so so cold (but beautiful)!

No comments: