Sunday, November 23, 2008

Thankful Thoughts

Sarah's Thoughts:  This Thanksgiving, I am feeling so blessed.  I have a good job, great co-workers, a beautiful healthy family, a wonderful house in a gorgeous city in an amazing state in an incredible country.  I have a strong faith in God, a good church, amazing friends and a loving extended family.  We have enough money, clothes, food... and gas prices are slowly going down!  I have so many things to be thankful for, that it sort of scares me, like something really horrible is going to happen to balance it all out.  I have to say, I'm quite proud of the power of my lists.  Last week I made a list of all the chores I needed to do to get ready for company and every evening, I'd cross a few jobs off the list.  Today, my house is mostly clean  and I'm not completely stressed out!  Scoffers, you better recognize the power and release of stress that comes with a good list!  (I feel like this is a braggy blog... sorry!)

High- Knowing I am off work for a whole 10 days with a sparkling clean house!  Does it get any better then this?

Low- Thinking I'd solved a web-design mystery, only to discover, that I hadn't...  Back to the drawing board!

Luke Update:  Luke is excited about bullets.  He most recently decided to return to a simpler time, the midle ages, and melt down lead to pour into molds, to then make his own bullets.  His christmas list now consists of various devices to aide in the creation of bullets - lead hardness testers and more molds...  I can appreciate the drive to create the fact that certain tools are needed to do so, but I'm having a hard time mustering up excitement about lead hardness testers...  But then I'm sure he feels the same way about material or computer software.  

Owen Update:  Owen has discovered the wonderful world of Disney.  I'm struggling with bad mother feelings for encouraging T.V. watching, yet elation that something keeps my boy sitting still for more then 2 seconds...  He's been watching a hand-me-down Winnie the Poo VHS tape while I take a shower in the mornings (otherwise he's constantly pulling back the shower curtain and trying to get in with me, clothes and all) but today I introduced Owen and Luke to my favorite, Veggie Tales.  Secretly, I was pretty stoked to have an excuse to watch Veggie Tales, but right after "Silly Songs with Larry",  Owen lost interest and Luke fell asleep, so I think I need to increase their level of Veggie Tales appreciation!

Owen been attending birthday parties lately.  Its really good for him to interact with other kids... and good for me too.  It makes me realize how much work we have to do with "sharing".  We went to a birthday party on Saturday at a gym with all kinds of kid toys to play with.  At first, Owen was very clingy, but before long, he was running all over the place. One of the toys was a plastic castle with a swinging door.  At home, Owen loves to play with doors, closing them most of the way and then burst through into the room! He was playing this door game with the castle, having so much fun...  However, when another little boy wanted to walk through the door, Owen yelled right in his face, like a ferocious barking dog, defending its driveway.  I was a little taken aback at Owen's intensity, but the other boy didn't seem phased and actually yelled right back at him!



Checking out the falling snow


Playing at Mt. Jumbo Gym


Shopping at Freddies.  
He didn't mind being burried in groceries, not one little bit!


We can't forget about Dolly!


Big boy, sitting up at the table. 
He climbed up all by himself.

No comments: