Saturday, October 11, 2008

Feeling sort of gray

Sarah's Thoughts:
This weekend, my thoughts have been rambling and muddled.  I get that way when I'm so excited about one thing that I can't think about anything else.  At the moment, I'm excited about this creative sewing project I have going.  All day at work, I can't wait to come home and get started.  I have things that I should be doing like... hmmmm... making dinner, laundry, dishes, oh, and taking care of my SON...  but sadly, all I can think about is getting back to my project.  I try to crack down and whip myself into shape by not working on it at all.  By doing the laundry and the dishes and taking care of Owen.  But my heart is with my project.  Even now, while I'm typing this sentence, all I can think is "hurry up and say something great so you can be done."  I did go running today in an attempt to clear my head.  I ran 4 miles (I've been running about 5 times in the past 5 months) and it felt great.  I have delusions that I'll continue running every other day... but in reality, after work I'll probably drop my coat at the door and start sewing!

High - Luke and I went out to dinner on Friday night and got a real teen-aged baby-sitter!  We had fun, and Owen did great! Yipee!

Low - Church today.  I got nothing out of the service or worship and had no energy.  I do feel better after the run, though.  

Luke Update:
Luke and midget had another fun-filled week... walking Dolly, mochas with Chris, and jury duty was cancelled.  Luke had great plans of hunting this weekend, but all was thwarted due to gale warnings and torrential downpours.  We did have a nice little Saturday, walking in the rain and a trip to Freddies to pick-up gun-cleaning solvent and a pumpkin and then onto the Nugget for a new pair of Xtra Tuffs. I was trying to take some Owen video with my digital camera, but Luke thought it would be better to use our digital video camera.  He put together this week's video.  He's getting to be quite the film editor.

Owen Update:
Owen went to a birthday party this week for his friend, Isaac.  There were 4 little boys there all within 3 months.  So cute to see these little guys waddling around, grabbing toys from each other, and ending up in a pile on top of each other.  I think it was especially fun and overwhelming for Owen as he is use to being the only little one in the house.  This week, I saw more evidence of Owen's cognitive development.  On Friday morning, I was in the bedroom with Owen and I asked him if he was ready for breakfast.  He immediately walked down the hall to the kitchen and started patting the refrigerator, all the while saying "yum, num, num".  All of the pictures are from Saturday.  Messy breakfast, shower with Dad, a little playing time in the bathtub, and a rainy walk.


I let Owen feed himself Oatmeal.  How and why his foot is 
hanging out is beyond me.  He gets very excited about using utensils, 
but ends up squishing most of the food between his fingers.  Messy!


Heading for a shower... with his sippy cup.



Owen LOVES to sit in the bathtub, whether he actually gets to take 
a bath or just hang out without any water.  Its sort of a good play pen...



Fall...


Rainy Walk



Luke's masterpeice!  The music is Neko Case 
(one of our favorite artists)

1 comment:

Rachel said...

Excellent videography skills! Looks like you've had a good week. The party was very fun--all those boys are a riot together. Let me know if you need help with Owen on Fridays (except not 10/17).
Hope this week is going well for you too.