Sunday, January 30, 2011

passing days in hibernation

Sarah’s Thoughts:

I’ve traded in my broom and dish pan hands for yarn and a crocheting needle. A friend of mine gave me this cute little hat for Annabell and at the time, I thought, “I bet I could make that.” Well, this week, I tried and turns out that I can! One hat turned to two and then three. I’ve been putting animal ears on the hats, which automatically cranks the cute factor up like 3 notches. I have grand dreams of making a whole line and striking it rich by selling my hats to the tourist shops, but will probably end-up giving them away as baby gifts instead. Owen, who has been into “The Lion King” lately, wants me to make him a “Simba” hat, but I’m not sure how the whole mane thing would work out...


Luke Update:

As a part of his apprenticeship, Luke has to spend two months each year at a school in Anchorage. We were told that he’d be heading out in mid-April, so he wouldn’t be back until mid-June. Spring is where it’s at here in Juneau, with the nicest weather of the year, bear hunting, steelhead fishing, and Luke’s birthday. We were feeling kind of sad that he was going to miss all that, but accepted it as part of the deal. Anyway, we just heard that the spring school is full, so Luke will be here through the summer and head out in October instead. I immediately jumped on the state website to see if I could book any cabins for this spring, but every single weekend from May through August is already taken! Guess we’ll have to settle for wall tent camping!


Owen Update:

I’ve been working two days a week, so Owen and Annabell spend those two days with some friends of ours who have kids. He is absolutely loving the days that I’m at work. He says things like, “Mom, can you let me stay forever and never come to get me?” I walked into the living room to pick them up last week and they were watching a movie. Three kids were sitting on the floor, each curled inside a clear plastic bin (the kind you might store toys in) mesmerized by “Charlie Brown” while the wood stove blazed. Something about the whole scene looked so cozy, it made me want to stay forever too. I’m pretty sure it wasn’t the plastic bins... but maybe the wood stove?


Annabell Update:

We have a four month old girl! Can you believe it? She’s been grabbing at everything- toys, shirts, hair. Its pretty crazy to watch her reach out her hands and patiently try to figure out which muscles to activate to manipulate those little fingers. Her stomach muscles are getting stronger and she’s pushing up with her legs to stand when we hold her on our laps. The second time around, I feel like I’m paying more attention to all these little milestones. The amount of growing that babies do in such a short period of time is amazing. Despite all these changes, she is still so sweet. At least once a day, Luke and I look at eachother and say, “How did we end up with such a sweet, smiley, cute girl?” Thank you God!



Look out! There' s a T-rex in the grass!

pretty kitty

pile of Woodruffs

Dino invasion!

Tribute to Andy Worhol

Buddies at the beach (and Dolly)

Annie and Daddy

baby blue eyes

all clean!

No comments: