Sunday, January 23, 2011

...another week at the Woodruffs

Sarah’s Thoughts:

I’m fast approaching the saddest time of day, taking that last sip of morning coffee. We make extremely strong coffee, which is delicious, but I can’t really have more then one cup without spending the rest of the day with my stomach in knots. So once the cup is empty, I have to move onto boring water. Also, I feel like the day doesn’t officially start while there's coffee in my cup. Before that, its O.K. to take things slower and ease into the day. After its gone, I have to step up and start being productive. Maybe if I warm up the last few drops, I won’t drink it so fast and can let the morning linger a bit longer...


Luke Update:

When he wasn’t working this week, Luke was falling in love with logarithims all over again. Not so much. Despite the fact that math was Luke’s least favorite subject in school, he is faithfully plowing through his Union mandated math class, one practice problem at a time. To add to his joyful weekend, I had to take a class for work on Saturday, so Luke spent the day with the kids. When I got home, the kids were napping and Luke was working on lovely math, so I actually think everything went just fine. Might have to do that a little more often!


Owen Update:

Our boy keeps us on our toes. He’s forever suggesting “great ideas” that mostly have to do with playing some sort of pretend game with his stuffed animals. Grow Annabell, grow! In an attempt to make nap-time more fun, I built a tent with a long bungie cord, ski poles and a large blanket over his bed. He’s been sleeping in it for the past week and a half. Now, at bedtime, he insists on a headlamp in addition to his regular regime of “snuggly stuff," since he’s sleeping in a tent... duh! I keep waiting for him to asked me to take the tent down, but so far he hasn't. I think its all about an excuse to have free access to the headlamp.


Annabell Update:

I can’t be sure, but I think that Annabell may have moved into her own room at night! We’ve been laying her down for naps on the bed in the guest room. Then one night, what we thought was going to be an evening cat nap turned into “down for the night.” I’m hoping to eventually move her into Owen’s room, but I think I’ll wait until she’s sleeping through the night so that she doesn’t wake her brother up. Yet another marker that my newborn is growing up! Still no teeth, though her poor little chin is constantly covered in drool. She’s been doing some squeeling and lots of smiling. We are still in love.


hanging out in her swing while mama makes dinner

my rasta boy with a wee mustach

polka-dot baby

Owen giving lessons to his younger friend Hunter
in the art of playing in the sink

Thanks for the tractors, Uncle Ross

helping daddy with math

dressed in red and drool

1 comment:

Lela Paden said...

Love the pictures and the updates!!! I'm really bad with my blog lately....hopefully this will change soon. Have a blessed week Sarah :)