Monday, January 17, 2011

the art of adapting to new

Sarah’s Thoughts:

I think I’ve written about my love of lists on this blog before. In honor of the new year, I decided to finally get on top of my chores. I made a list of all the things I need to do to keep up the house and then how often each task needs to happen. I printed off a calendar and made a schedule. I’ve been doing this for a week, and so far its been going good, although I think I might be losing steam. I cleaned the refrigerator yesterday and have been staying on top of dishes and laundry. I’ve even been reading my bible and exercising a little bit, which I’m quite excited about. If I can keep this up for a month, I might be able to make this routine stick... I’ll report back in February. Wish me luck!


Luke Update:

Luke is fully immersed in his apprenticeship. He’s been mastering the art of pipe bending and stud welding and pulling wire. He comes home from work and looks up YouTube videos of the skills he’s working on so that he can review before the next day. In addition to learning all these new skills, he taking an on-line math class that, that has to be completed before he heads to school in Anchorage this spring. Luke has been hopping around between different journeymen and projects, which has been interesting, but also challenging. Adapting to the groove and personality of the different coworkers is a big part of the job, not to mention learning and performing the ever changing job-specific requirements. It’s been a lot for Luke to juggle and its just going to continue for the next few years, but we can rest in the knowledge that God has provided this opportunity and He is in control. I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.


Owen Update:

Owen is a full on three year old boy. He is all about constant entertainment and activity. He is very busy, but is also learning how to take responsibility for his actions. He’s getting better and better at cleaning up after himself and controlling himself, which is pretty huge. He and Annabell have been staying with our friends, the Andersons, when I’m at work (two days a week). They have a four year old, Gabie, who Owen is good friends with. Needless to say, he’s been thoroughly enjoying the days that I go to work and gets a little sad when he has to stay home with mom. I feel like I’m constantly giggling at the words that come out of his mouth. Awhile back he was sitting in the car and said, “Mom, God is my favorite. I like him the best.... and snakes.”


Annabell Update:

This week, I realized that for a brief period in time, Owen and Annabell are the same age - 3 1/2 (years and months, respectively). So my 3 1/2 month old is doing typical 3 1/2 month things like smiling and drooling and nursing and napping. This week, she’s been taking some really amazing afternoon naps, in the neighborhood of 2-3 hours. Once she gets into a little more of a groove, I think she’ll be ready to move out of the cradle and into a crib. Tired of cramming her chubby legs and long torso into her clothes, I moved her into 9 month clothes this week too. All signs that my baby is getting bigger!



triceratops playing with some tinkertoys

every girl needs a pair of big purple shoes

self portrait at the glacier

ice skating, anyone?

family work out

showing off the christmas jammies

1 comment:

Lela Paden said...

love the family workout picture :) the fact that Owen is exercising in his undies makes me laugh. Silly little boy. Way to go on the exercise and organization schedule. I would love to see the list you came up with.

Love the picture of Annabell in her purple slippers. such a styling little girl :)