Sunday, December 7, 2008

Recovery

Sarah's Thoughts: The more I think about it, the more I stand by the title of this post.  This week has definitely been one of recovery.  On Tuesday, I started back to work and my parents left so that took some adjusting to get back in the routine of real life.  Then I got pretty sick on Wednesday night.  I thought it was food poisoning at first, but the next morning when I wasn't feeling much better, I realized that I had a 24 hour flu or something.  I stayed home sick on Thursday and then Friday was our big-deal, work christmas party with all the other dental offices and staff and spouses in Juneau.  Saturday was uneventful and then today I woke up with a case of the procrastination-induced blues.  However, after some exercise, prayer, and list making I'm feeling better.  If only my blasted internet connection were faster!  

High- The annual Dr.s Schultz Christmas party.  I was looking hot, thanks to my new dress, Kristen and her hair straightener!

Low- let's see... it's a toss up between puking my guts out for the 12th time in one evening, or the non-stop, nails-on-the-chalkboard whining coming from the midget...

Luke Update: Luke has also had a week of recovery.  Maybe there's something going around our family?  He started feeling sick right when I was beginning to recover.  With a little rest and a lot of vitamin C, he's well on the road to health.  Besides spending more time then usual in the bathroom, Luke has been spending this week talking about hunting, hanging up the outside christmas lights, brushing the dog, cleaning his gun, napping in the recliner, snuggling with wifey, and keeping the peace.  All in a days work.  

Owen Update:  Owen has been a handful.  (Is that a polite way of saying your child sometimes makes you want to disappear in the bathroom and never come out?  If so, that's what kind of "handful" I'm talking about.)  I think he's been feeling a bit under the weather as well. As promised last week, I've been paying more attention to his babble and I'm happy to report, he definitely is saying more words.  I've positively identified "Dolly" (ow-wee), "off" (off), "hello" (eh-woe), and "this" (dis).  (I took a little video while he was in the bath tonight.  Not a lot of action, but lots of talking.) I've also been noticing more singing.  Its mostly monotone and mainly consists of saying the same word over and over, but still pretty darn cute.  This week we also stumbled across a wonderful entertainment tool, washing the dishes.  He stayed in this position for 45 minutes last night.  Not kidding.  Tonight he was ready to get down after about 15, and both he and the floor were wet, but 15 minutes!  You just can't put a price on entertainment like that!

Doing a little dish.

Everyone loves singing in the bathroom!

Owen's parents

Fancy camera effects with Christmas lights

Christmas sweater and ornaments


Listen up, yo!

1 comment:

John Amundson said...

Your family looks awesome Luke! If you're ever near Missouri let me know. Maybe I can meet you in Texas and we can hunt some more rabbits and chew some more tingletounge leaf. Actually, you need to give me your address and I'll mail your wife a ton of old photos for her to laugh at.