Sunday, December 21, 2008

Georgia on my mind

Sarah's Thoughts: We made it! We made it though another year, we made all the way across the United States, and we're still going strong! I do have to say that my boy did so so so much better on the flight then I ever thought he was capable of, Thank you God (and thank you for your prayers)! So here we are, in Georgia, staying at Luke's parent's brand-spanking new castle on the lake. Its so big and beautiful and I'm feeling a little too comfortable, like I could get use to this high life... I've been trying figure out what makes Georgia tick... California is wine and fake boobs, and Alaska is hunters vs. greenies and Washington is punk rock meets pine trees, but what about Georgia? I haven't seen any peach farms or boiled peanut stands... I went to Walmart today hoping that I'd get a better feel for Georgia, but all I found was the same old Walmart. I'll keep you posted. Meanwhile, you better keep on your best behavior girls and boys because ready or not, Santa Clause is coming to town!

High- Hearing that because of a tailwind, our 5 hour flight from Seattle to Atlanta would be a 4 hour flight. Hallelujah!

Low- The last 45 minutes of our 4 hour flight... How the heck are we going to make it coming the other way???

Luke Update: Luke has also been enjoying Georgia. Lots of lounging, snacking, tinkering in the "man cave" with his dad... The ease with which he's settled into this life of luxury makes me think there might be a whole other side to my husband that I don't know about. One that has an appreciation for fine caviar, cashmere sweater-vests, and 1942 Pinot Gricio. Its really fun to see Luke with his family- especially with his brother. I think most siblings have a special language, finding the same quirky little things hilarious, and these two are no exception. The boys (dad included) are planning a deer hunting trip in the morning, after which time, we'll leave Owen with Grammy and head out to finish up the Christmas shopping. Might even stop by Bed,Bath and Beyond, but I don't know. I don't know if we'll have enough time...

Owen Update: 3 words. Center Of Attention... I think he feels a little nervous at first when all eyes are on him, but then he quickly gets over it. He has especially been loving Dusty and Jordan's dog, "Georgia" (but he keeps calling her "Dolly"). You can hear him yelling at the top of his lungs, echoing through the house "Ah-yee! Ah-yee! Yett!" (translation: "Dolly! Dolly! Get it!") Thankfully, Georgia is a great sport. She runs after every single stick or ball he throws, even if it only lands 1 foot away. I caught Owen crawling all over her tonight and she didn't seem to mind. He's also been loving vacation because it means that mom and dad can give him undivided attention. When he's not running around after Georgia, he's grabbing mama by the finger and leading me all over the house. Its a little exhausting, but all that exercise means more sugar cookies for me, so I'm not complaining! For the first time this morning, without missing a beat, Owen stepped from the grass up to the sidewalk. My little baby is just getting bigger and stronger and smarter every day.


Merry Christmas!

(I neglected to bring the camera cord to download photos,
so our current pictures are on hold until we get home.)

1 comment:

John Amundson said...

Merry Christmas! If you get laid over in Cincinnatti or St. Louis or Kansas City, let me know and I'll try and swing by and buy you a fat burger.