Sunday, May 24, 2009

Spic and Span

Sarah’s Thoughts: I’ve been on a spring cleaning kick. Not sure if its because we’re expecting company or if its just that time of year, but I’ve had this burst of energy to organize and simplify. It is amazing how many little things pile up. Its not that it takes a terribly long time to re-distribute the piles, throw away the old jars of mustard, or windex the glass coffee table, its just all those little things add up.  Before I know it, nap time is over and I haven't even started on the job that I intended to complete.  However, when the sun shining in the windows and the living room is dusted, its suddenly its all worth it. Like running, I vow to continue the momentum, to keep up on the housework and not let it pile up. However, like running, that’s about as far as I get... I need a consultant to schedule my week and get me on track with exercise, cleaning, meal planning, reading my bible, etc.  Where are you, Erin?  

Low- Owen’s snotty nose. You’re not suppose to be sick when its sunny!

High- Juneau AK Freecycle.com Got rid of 2 couches, a stove and a refrigerator.

Luke Update: This week was the official start of Luke’s fishing season. Its been a bit of a rocky ride so far. He had to cancel the first trip of the season due to weather. And the second trip he had an amazing killer whale experience, but found no fish. If that’s not enough, we’ve been having break problems with Luke’s work vehicle. Towards the end of the week, Luke finally found some fish and found someone to fix the breaks. Today he headed out on the trip with calm water, freshly repaired breaks and promising numbers of fish. It was shaping up to be his best trip yet! He came home this evening to tell me the breaks still aren’t fixed. Darn! Anyone want to guess how we’ll be spending our Memorial Day?

Owen Update: Owen is turing into a big boy before my eyes.  His language explosion continues with nearly 5 new words every day.  He's also been much more self-entertained lately, which has been wonderful. I actually am able to get a few things done without plugging him into the TV. He's also been very interested in zippers, especially in the zippers on his pjs.  I have this irrational fear of zippers, nervous that I’m going to zip skin. I think it stems from my mom catching my brother in his jammies when he was a baby.  I cringe every time Owen grabs at the zipper and it doesn’t help that his jammies are fitting a little bit tight these days, but he has successfully zipped them all the way up on a few occasions. 


wet face after playing with the hose

playing "peek" in the stroller

self portrait

dandelions for mama

baby in the woods

1 comment:

Rachel said...

Isaac has that same fascination with his pj zippers. And I think I'm experiencing that same spring cleaning urge. I got most of the surface stuff cleaned before my parents got here. But, alas, many of the piles remain. Maybe soon. I hear there's a chance of rain for Tuesday and Wednesday. In my opinion, the only good thing about rain in the summer is it gives you a chance to catch up on housework from the sunny days of being out and about.
It was good to see you at Freddy's the other day. I need to bump into you more often. Or actually we need to have you over some time.