Sunday, May 31, 2009

I Heart Juneau

Sarah’s Thoughts: Last winter really had me down with all the cold dark snowy weather, but today, I was reminded that there are some reasons that I really love living in Juneau. I love that if I want to go to the beach, I can be there in 8 minutes, stay for an hour or so and then be home. I love the taste of fresh salmon on the grill. I love that I have at least 3 mutual friends with every stranger on the street. I love that the boat harbor is 5 minutes from our house.  I love the fact that all of the meat we eat is 100% organic. I love that our T.V. antenna doesn’t receive any channels. I love that if there were to be an attack on the U.S., we’d be completely untouched and could retreat to a wilderness cabin somewhere and live off the land. I love that when the clouds clear and the sun is out, I’ve never seen such a beautiful place.

High- Forecasted 68-85 degree weather this week!

Low- Having to work when its so beautiful outside!

Luke Update: Luke has been spending time with his parents who arrived from Georgia this week. He’s hoping to take his dad out on the boat but so far, the small craft advisories have put a hold on his plans. Instead they’ve been busy casting bullets and testing out their wares at the rifle range. Luke only has 2 trips scheduled while his parents are in town, which is a quite fortutious since he had 6 scheduled the previous week. I think the plan is to go bear hunting tomorrow which will be fun for all. As you know, Luke’s bear hunting was cut short this year due to car trouble and Steve, Luke’s dad, hasn’t been for years. Cathy, Luke’s mom will be in charge of Owen until I get home from work. If that’s not paradise on earth, folks, I’m not sure what is.

Owen Update: Owen also has been getting to spend time with his grandparents. They immediately charmed him with books, a toy bus and new shoes. He got to wear those new shoes at the playground at a nearby school. His favorite is the slide- in fact, I’m pretty sure he thinks the way you say “slide” is “WEEEEEE!” He’s turning into such a big boy! We were leaving church today and Owen really wanted to say “goodbye” to his friend, Luke. He tracked his friend out the door, hugged and kissed him and then waved “bye bye!”. What ever happened to my baby?  All that kissing is a sharp contrast to his two new favorite phrases this week.  He's been doing a lot of whining, while yelling “MINE!” and ”Want That!” Could it be that the terrible twos are starting a month early?   Help!

All Aboard!

Owen and stickey

Sea Runner Cathy

Grammy loving

Weeeee!

Owen showing some intensity in his carseat

reading stories with grampa

1 comment:

Rachel said...

Grandparents are so fun. My parents are here right now too, but they leave Thursday. The kids really like having them here. Something about that relationship that is so fun to watch.
I don't quite know yet with Isaac, but with Carly I think her terrible two stuff lasted from 20 months - 2 1/2. So maybe he is starting early, but I don't think it means he's going to be "terrible" the whole time he's two.