Sunday, April 26, 2009

sun-kissed

Sarah’s Thoughts: I am sorry to say, faithful blog readers, that as I sit down to write this post, I can’t formulate a sentence to save my life. I think its because I’m exhausted from my long day of carrying Owen around and then my pathetic attempt at jogging while he took a nap. My boy never really woke up until about 3:30 this afternoon and I held him all day long while he slept. After hours of the same isometric muscle contractions, I’m beat! It was a gorgeous weekend, however, and I’m proud to announce that my face is a little bit red-ish from being in the sun. Saturday we were out on the boat trolling for king salmon all day long. We weren’t sure how long we’d beable to be gone, but Owen took a nap and the water was flat calm so we stayed out until dinner time. We didn’t catch anything, but we did see porpoise, a seal, lots of sea lions and one other boat catch a king. It was one of those days that I’ll be dreaming about 8 months from now. 

High- Owen’s 2 hour nap on the boat! 

Low- Puking my guts out right after I hit “publish” on last week’s blog. Ugh! 

Luke Update: Projects, projects projects! Luke has been a very busy boy this week! He spent Tuesday - Friday at his friend David’s house helping raise the roof. Luke and David grew up together, best friends. In recent years, I don’t think they’ve been able to spend as much time together as they’d like, so its neat that Luke has the time and David has the project. Also neat that Lela, David’s wife, has been willing to watch Owen (especially since she already has 6 kids of her own! Thanks Lela!). Besides the roof project, Luke has been plotting the final touches on his net project and tinkering with the boat, getting things ready for the upcoming tourist season. Basically, with the beautiful weather, we’re trying to spend as much time outside and as little time inside as possible. 

Owen Update - Owen’s attitude has resembled a rollercoaster this week. Monday was definitely the lowest of the low. I didn’t go to work because I was feeling weak and dizzy after a night of throwing up but all Owen wanted was “mama, mama, mama!” All day long there was no pleasing him. Towards the afternoon, I was feeling better and we went to a park where he FINALLY seemed to be happy for a little while. Needless to say, I was quite thankful when bedtime rolled around! Owen’s new favorite word is “bus” and once he starts saying it, he has to repeat it about 20 times before moving on. School bus, tour bus, city bus, it doesn’t matter. Mass-transit is where its at! For some reason, this week Owen has also started saying “uh-ah” (as in “no”) as his answer to everything. We are still trying to figure out if he means “uh-ha” (as in “yes”) or if he really means “no”.   Its all very confusing.

Owen hasn't had corn on the cob since he devoured it last summer.
This week, when he saw it, went crazy whining for it.  
I think this has been my first glimpse of Owen's long-term memory.

the fisherman.

mini-explorer

pouting on the dock.  
Mad because Dad ran up to get car 
and he had to wait with mama.

happy boy, ready for fishing!

boat dog

No comments: