Saturday, September 20, 2008

So it begins!

Sarah Thoughts:
Well, well, well....  I'm having mixed feelings about creating a blog.  Excited, but nervous (basically that sums up my feelings about most things).  I've really enjoyed reading the blogs of other people- such a good way to keep up on what's going on in their lives/relationships/wombs...  I'm thinking this will mostly revolve around Owen, (as most things in our lives do these days).  You are forewarned.   


My idea was to post my high and my low (like you use to share at camp around the fire at the end of the day, or in Mrs. Seamount's health class).   So here goes:  its noon on an indecisive Saturday (sunshine and rain in the span of 20 minutes)-  

Low was getting close to the bottom of my cup of coffee and wishing I had more.  

High was when Luke's friend, Ben, called and offered to pick up mochas all around.  

BONUS they were grande-sized (we always get talls)!

Owen Update: 
Owen just started walking last week.  He's very proud of himself.  He takes a couple steps and then looks up at Luke and I with a HUGE grin on his face, basically saying, "did you see me?  aren't you the proudest parents ever?"  (Yes, we did see and we are the proudest.) Poor kid has been spending A LOT of time in his yellow rain suit this summer/fall- its what he has to wear whenever he wants to be on his own outside.  His cousin, Chachi (is that how you spell his name, Christian?) the dog came over and Owen was in 7th heaven.

Luke Update:
Luke finished up with his fishing season the beginning of September and has been a stay-at-home dad since.  This tends to drive him a little bit crazy.  He calls me at work (I'm back at the dentist office full-time) and says things like "I just need to talk to an adult.  Sorry."  So needless to say, when the weekend comes, he's outey.  He's fishing for silvers in top secret spot X today.

Pictures:
And finally to round out this first blog posting, some fresh-off-the-digital-camera Owen pictures:

Cousins

Puddle Splashin'



just little light reading...

5 comments:

Maria said...

Well well well, look who's blogging! I love it. Now I can cyber stalk the Woodruffs and when I talk to you I'll be all, "yeah, I already know all your news..." One of the pitfalls of blogging. Love you all lovelies!!

Christocarl said...

This is neat! Great pictures of a great family. Now that Owen is walking, will he be shooting a bow soon Luke?

Love - the Carlbergs in MN

MomE said...

yes my SS it was fun to see mostly Owen with his cousins and with his new haircut.Not sure about this blogging stuff though, Dad signed me up. I love you,MomE

Lela Paden said...

Glad to see that I was able to encourage you to start your blog. It is wonderful to see what the Woodruffs are up to. See you soon

Rachel said...

woohoo! I'm very excited to have found your new blog, but I'm not nervous. Looking forward to reading future posts. And congrats to Owen on walking--what a big boy!