Saturday, March 12, 2011

Annabelle rolls over, Owen plays "Cat" and other adventures...

Sarah's Thoughts:
I love camping. Its one of those things I look forward to all winter long. Being outside, sleeping in my sleeping bag, camp fires, the whole scene gives me perma-grin. Despite my love for sleeping outside, it feels so amazing and relieving in a way to get home, take a shower, put on clean clothes. All this to say, our washing machine broke, so we were without one for 3 weeks. Kind of felt like camping, except for the part where I love it and have perma-grin. Obviously, we had reserve clean clothes, but towards the end, I was wearing pants that were mostly clean, except for the sort-of inconspicuous yogurt spill. We finally got a new washer on Saturday and 8 loads of laundry later, I finally feel clean and a bit like a new woman. Its the little things, I tell you!

Luke Update:
My hard working husband had been going non-stop. When he's not at work, he's studying math and when he's not doing that, he's changing poopy pants or chasing down a 3 year old. I guess this is the time of year when being stuck inside hurts the least. However a few weeks ago, he heard one of the big-time sounds of spring, the call of the varied thrush. Despite last night's snow, spring is coming! Time to get that nose in the books, slam down the 5-hour power and get 'er done! He has bears to stalk and chromers to catch and a wife that wants to go camping!

Owen Update:
Owen continues to roll-play. Yesterday, he was "Cat". Ringing our doorbell, Cat explained that he was an orphan and he wanted to come inside for lunch. While eating his PB&J, Cat spied Owen's cuddle sleeve, and was immediately fixated on it, wanting to hold it and stroke it and rub his little cat face on it. I told Cat that the cuddle sleeve belonged to my son, Owen and it was very special to him. It was the kind of thing that Owen didn't share, not even with his sister and so I was sorry, but I couldn't let Cat have it. After unsuccessfully trying to negotiate terms for cuddle sleeve possession, I was surprised, how quickly Owen returned home. I hope Cat found someplace to eat supper...

Annabelle Update:
Rollin', rollin' rollin'.... Officially weighing in at 19 lbs, 3 oz, Ms. Annabelle Lee can roll over, sit up, wear 12 month clothes, and is starting to eat solid foods. Her hair is starting to grow in and she's even bouncing in jumper a little bit. There were a few nights last week when she slept like a 12 month-old, 13 hours in a row! Foolishly, I thought this trend was here to stay. My little bubble of ignorance was burst at 2:30 in the morning. Ah, well, at least she's super cute and smiley.


My boy loves being naked and wearing things on his head.
Not sure why, exactly, but we love him!

Here comes the dolly!

Yum! Frozen bread sticks!

Sitting Up


Rolling Over


1 comment:

Lela Paden said...

I'm ready for nicer weather too!!! And bring on the camping :) We will have to plan more trips together...

Enjoyed visiting with you at bullwinkles on Sunday. We will have to do that at least once a month so we can visit :)