Monday, October 4, 2010

It's A GIRL!

Welcome sweet Annabell Lee!


After nine long months, we are thrilled with the new addition of a baby girl to our family. Our Annabell was born at 1:41am on Friday, October 1st, just in time to share a birthday with her Uncle Dusty. Where Owen was born a day before his due date, Annabell came three days late. Owen measured 8 pounds, 20 inches long and Annabell was a hefty 9 lbs 11 oz, 22 inches long. Compared to Owen’s newborn pictures, Annabell looks quite a lot like her big brother, but we think her hair and possibly eyes are a little bit darker. In the three short days that we’ve had her, we’ve already discovered that she is a sweet baby. She doesn’t cry much and is perfectly content to be held all day long.


The whole birthing process was just as painful as I remember, but all things considered, went very well. Out of 9 possible doctors, the one that happened to be on-call that evening was my doctor, Dr. Welling. My dear friends, Jessica and Deana came to my aide to rub my back, read me stories of far away places and help me breathe my way through one debilitating contraction after another. And my sweet husband was there through it all, offering a hand for me to squeeze the life out of and strong shoulders to lean on. We arrived the hospital around 10:30pm. Three hours and two big pushes later came the announcement that we’d be waiting for... “It’s a Girl!” I realized in that moment of amazement that I’d been expecting another boy.


Owen is so excited with his baby sister. When he came to visit us at the hospital, I was nursing Annabell and he climbed right up on the couch and whispered excitedly, “Mom! Does she have feet?” He wanted to check out every eyelash and elbow and then he wanted to hold her. He sat perfectly still, smiling ear to ear, while she lay on his lap. When we arrived home from the hospital, Owen wanted Annabell to crawl around his room and play hide and seek. He was a little bit disappointed to learn that it might be awhile before she can crawl around and play, but I have a feeling its going to happen before we know it.


So there you have it! Bring on the polka dots and pig tails!



proud daddy and his girl

Deana and Annabell

Grandpa Roger and a sweet baby girl

checking each other out

just joking around

sleeping baby

looking for mud

mama and a brown bear

woodruff family

sitting up


3 comments:

Rachel said...

Congrats to you all! How exciting! Carly is all excited to show Annabelle all the fun parts of being a girl. And I'm sure they can support each other when their brothers get annoying. :)

We pray your transition to two kids continues to go well.

Lela Paden said...

She is such a blessing to so many already :) Hope you are able to get rest. Having your parents around I'm sure is a HUGE blessing also.

The Paden family is super excited to watch little Miss Annabell grow into a beautiful christian woman.

Praying with you as you raise your 2 perfect gifts from God.

Kim said...

Congratulations! She is absolutely beautiful! We are so excited for y'all!