Sunday, December 13, 2009

Short and Sweet

Feeling pressed for time, I'm just going to give you a brief re-cap of the weekend's highlights. On Saturday, we harvested our christmas tree and decorated it- big outing for the whole family (see pictures below). Owen went to the birthday party of a 1 year old and afterwards, slept for 16 hours- 3pm until 7am the next morning! He also discovered his love for "neg-nog" and would drink a whole gallon if I didn't cut him off. I've been christmas shopping and crafting like crazy and have completely neglected my house... dirty laundry and dishes and piles everywhere. Its sort of driving me crazy, but at the same time, I just can't bring myself to do anything about it. Poor Luke opted for a weekend with the family due to the threat of high winds and freezing spray, only to watch a clear, calm, perfect deer hunting weathered weekend slip by. So that's about it! Enjoy the pictures!

naked bullet re-loading with daddy

Owen loving the party favors

"helping" the birthday boy open presents

picking out our christmas tree

Luke dragging the tree back to the car
(do I even need to tell you how many
references he made to dragging-out deer?)

The finished product!

2 comments:

Lela Paden said...

Your tree is beautiful! I am sure you had great fun decorating it with Owen. Keep enjoying your shopping and crafting. Maybe the cleaning fairy will come clean for you. At least that is what I keep hoping for. :-) Have a blessed week.

Rachel said...

Beautiful tree. Don't worry too much about the house. I think that's normal protocol this time of year. At least it is at our house. Eventually it will get done, but for now on with the crafting!
And that party looks fun. Was it at jumbo gym?